The Maribyrnong and Moonee Valley LLEN is a key partner and facilitates a number of initiatives for the Braybrook Maidstone Neighbourhood Renewal which include:
- JobShop for local residents – Centrelink’s Career Information Centre provides support to residents through regular meetings at either group or individual level.
- An event management course at Victoria University for residents to plan the Braybrook Big Day Out and to provide them with a sustainable approach, should NR not exist.
- Through VU production of a monthly community Newsletter, “Blast”
- Identifying local social/community enterprises and supporting the feasibility study for Metro West Food Distribution Service in collaboration with Cultivating Communities
- Working closely with MCM’s Youth Enterprise Hub to link young people into Employment, Education & Training, including YES traineeships.
- Promoting Maths Tutoring Program at Braybrook Maidstone Neighbourhood House
- Linking VU with East African Women’s Foundation to support pathways planning around Aged Care training
- Facilitating Governance Training for BMNH committee of management
- Recruiting for MINT Hospitality Training program, which includes 16 weeks paid work experience for up to 20 NR residents in the Western region.
To learn more about this initiative please visit click here.