The Youth Friendly Employer project aims to develop and pilot a process and assessment tool that inspires employers to become recognised for providing a positive experience for young people who are job-seeking, and a supportive environment for those working with them.
The Youth Friendly Employer Project is a joint initiative of the Moonee Valley City Council (MVCC), and the Maribyrnong and Moonee Valley Local Learning and Employment Network (MMVLLEN). Funded by VicHealth; the Bright Futures for Young Victorians initiative supports organisations working with young people to establish new partnerships, and find solutions to promote community and young people’s resilience, social connection, and mental wellbeing.
After this initial four-month pilot project (January to May 2017), we hope to source additional funding to take the project to the next stage, to more broadly apply what has been developed
Key steps in the project are:
- The appointment of a design team of young people and employers.
- Drafting Youth Friendly Employer standards and developing an assessment tool and process.
- Trialling the tool with champion employers.
- Reviewing and preparing a written report on the pilot.
- Planning for phase two of the project including the sourcing of further funding.
To find out more:
Please contact our Project Manager Jane Kovacs by email email@example.com or phone 03 9376 7251.
For further information: